Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Blue Period

Hi everyone! How's every little thing?

What? Why are you looking at me like that? Just because I haven't posted anything here for 10 months?

Well, I've got a good reason for it. I've been going through a blue period. No, I'm not comparing myself to Picasso. It's just that a lot of the stuff that I made was monochrome, often blue, like this one:

Sween Stitch

This one's green, but you get the idea:

Go ahead.

And the pattern for this one is for sale in the Mr X Stitch etsy store (WHAT I AM JUST SAYING WHAT.):

Slap Chop stitch

Someday soon I hope to start stitching in color again. Or at least more than one color. :)

Besides that, I've been doing all the normal stuff, like writing at Mr X Stitch, hanging out at the Phat Quarter and the Mr X Stitch page on Facebook, and recording Emergency Pants.

I've also been putting together posts for the Craftster blog and Feeling Stitchy, which is a huge honor, and I have to admit, a bit surreal. Craftster and Feeling Stitchy were huge inspirations for me when I first started cross stitching, and I never would have dreamed that I'd ever be contributing anything to either of them. :)

The really, really big news, that I wanted to share with you, though, is that Jamie (Mr X Stitch) and I have started a podcast - Stitching n Junk! My brother from a European mother and I chat about stitching, interview some of the coolest people in the stitchiverse, and goof off a bit. Check out the first episode here and you can hear our interview with Julie Jackson of Subversive Cross Stitch fame. Eeeeeeeeeee!!!!! :) We've really enjoyed putting it together, and we hope you'll like it, too. :)

I just thought I'd take a moment to share some of those things here. Sometimes I feel as though I'm a little overexposed on the internet - flickr, twitter, tumblr, Facebook, Crafster, Feeling Stitchy, Mr X Stitch, Emergency Pants and now Stitching n Junk too? How much of me should I expect people to take, anyway? :)

4 comments:

giddy girlie said...

You are everyone's idol. What to aspire to! I want to be you when I grow up!

Also, there's no such thing as overexposure, if you ask me. Especially not when you're trying to sell some stuff! AMIRIGHT?

VegKat said...

We stalkers like your overexposure. Wait, what?

Giggly said...

Well, I certainly can't get enough of you. :)

XOXOX

beefranck said...

Y'all are sweet. :)